We’ve scoured the internet looking for the best estimating software that will allow you to accurately compile your costs to make accurate bids to your prospective clients.
The software we included in our list had to meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Ability to calculate the estimated cost of the job and categorize material and labor costs.
- Enable import of data from takeoff, include digitizer tools for drawing the floor plan, and then automatically calculate labor and material costs.
- Generate professional bid proposals.
Given that, here are the best ones…
Buildertrend is an estimation software for both commercial and residential contractors.
- You can easily create estimates, send customized proposals and achieve more sales.
- Allows import for Excel and other software.
- Work from existing templates and collect digital signatures.
- Collect the leads on your website’s contact page, import using Excel and add them from the Buildertrend app.
- Automate email campaigns, send emails to potential clients and customize templates and messages.
- Create and update schedules easily – drag and drop one task and the rest update automatically
Buildertrend is suitable for homebuilders, specialty contractors, remodelers and commercial contractors.
Buildertrend helps you build a better client experience, get exact estimates and easily adjust your schedules.
The software has two plans. Pay $99 per month for the Core Plan and $399 per month for the Pro Plan for the first two months. From the third month moving forward, the cost is $349 per month for the Core Plan and $599 for the Pro Plan.
It has a 30-day free trial and the paid plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
CoConstruct is a construction management software designed for residential construction businesses.
- Simplified project management – CoConstruct’s cloud system keeps you connected to your team and keeps your projects running smoothly.
- Seamless communication – you can get all your project communication within seconds and record every message.
- Streamlined financials – take charge of fixed-price and open-book jobs and plan your change orders effortlessly.
- Focused operations – take charge of every detail of your project by tracking it from its start to its completion.
- Single entry estimating
- Simple bill management
It is suitable for home builders, design-builders, spec-builders, remodeling companies and other residential construction businesses.
CoConstruct is an all-in-one construction software for easier management of projects, clients, and contractors.
CoConstruct has two plans, and both come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The Standard plan goes for $99 per month and the Plus version for $399 per month for the first two months. After the first two months, the Standard version costs $349 per month and the Plus $599 per month.
Buildxact is an estimation software designed for residential constructions.
Builders and remodelers can organize everything on one platform.
- Prioritize leads and track purchase orders
- Produce accurate takeoffs and estimates
- Assign tasks and schedule material deliveries
- Create financial reports to track payroll and profits
It allows dealers to provide superior customer service.
- Dealers can track their teams to ensure they are working efficiently. This helps them get more time to consult with clients and find new business.
Buildxact is suitable for builders, remodelers, dealers and partners (builders’ trade groups, associations, etc.).
With Buildxact, you can complete takeoffs, set and manage schedules, dispatch final invoices and assess financial reports on one software platform.
The entry plan goes for $149 per month while the Pro goes for $249 per month. A free 14-day trial period is also available.
MeasureSquare is a flooring estimating software for both commercial and residential projects.
- Estimates all flooring types such as tiles, sheet vinyl, VCT, LVT, carpet and hardwood
- Handles large projects
- Fast and uses an advanced layout estimating algorithm
- Flexible and quality PDF reporting
- Proactive customer services
- Trusted by various elite commercial flooring contractors both in the US and Canada
- Instant waste optimization
- Custom tile pattern designer – create complex tile patterns to win design projects easily
- Random tile layout on floors
- Compatible with most ERP/CRM
MeasureSquare is best for project managers, estimators, sales reps, etc.
MeasureSquare is the leading flooring takeoff estimating software for commercial contract bids. It offers a state-of-the-art takeoff estimate with a dedication to customer success.
The multi-family plan costs $149 per month while the commercial plan goes for $179 per month. It also has a 14-day free trial period.
PlanSwift is a takeoff and estimation software designed for commercial, residential, industrial, and institutional contractors and subcontractors.
- One-click option for selecting tile, carpet, hardwood or laminate floor areas
- Easy measurement of the peripheries of the nail strip and baseboard
- You can easily measure, count, calculate, print or export. You can also drag and drop the parts directly onto the digitalized blueprint and begin the estimation process
- Time-saving – it gives an accurate estimation within an abbreviated time
PlanSwift is suitable for general contractors and subcontractors looking for accurate flooring estimation and time-saving software to bid more.
PlanSwift is an easy-to-use floor estimating software that gives you value for money.
PlanSwift costs $1,595 a one-time payment for a lifetime license. It also has a free 14-day trial.
QFloors is a flooring estimating software for various flooring industries such as commercial, residential, multi-family, etc.
- Measure with ease using your Bluetooth laser measuring device
- On-screen seam placement, varying flooring products, and pattern matching options. The 2D and 3D layouts enable your customers to visualize your explanations
- Stores imported quantity, cost, and bid info for future reference
- Optimized mobile app for smartphones, iPads, and tablets
- Professional estimates with MeasureSquare desktop
- Improved external and internal communication – installers know what to work on at any given time
QFloors is suitable for businesses in various industries including commercial, residential, builder, multi-family, mobile showroom and distribution.
QFloors is a user-friendly and flexible software that fits your products and grows with your business.
QFloors starts at $1,400 per user and varies with the number of users and maintenance.,
On Center is a trusted provider of automated flooring estimation software for both commercial and residential contractors.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) – allows you to count similar objects within your drawings
- Intelligent paste logic – copies and pastes takeoff objects into the corresponding distance, space, and directions. It’s helpful for similar layouts such as apartments, hotels, etc.
- Multi-condition takeoff –you can select several conditions, draw the takeoff once and the system places the takeoff objects appropriately and simultaneously on the plan
- Time-saving – point, click, and drag the objects you need and the on-screen takeoff will take care of it
- Overlay –when comparing two drawings, it highlights deleted items in red and added items in blue
- You can create style sheets and templates to avoid repetition of tasks
On Center software is suitable for contractors in the flooring trade.
On-Screen Takeoff (OST) incorporates Quick Bid and Digital Production Control to help you create a comprehensive estimate and track labor production. This heightens your accuracy, saves you time, increases your bids and maximizes your profits.
On Center offers a free 14-day trial to experience the On-Screen Takeoff.
Estimating Edge is a construction estimation software designed for commercial estimators.
- All-in-one flooring solution – the software is customized according to your business operations, material brands, and manufacturers
- Designed for the flooring trade – it provides increment area based on flooring type
- Customizable reporting
- Industry-leading features
- One-on-one training
- Best customer service
Estimating Edge is best for professional flooring contractors.
Estimating Edge provides end-to-end reports from takeoff to the final estimate.
You can find out more about pricing by scheduling a demo.
FloorRight is an estimation software built to meet both commercial and residential needs.
- It handles a variety of file types – you can import PDF, AutoCAD, DWF, Bitmap and scanned images. You can open multiple PDFs for the same job.
- Room multiplier – if the rooms are exact replicates, the software will multiply the rooms automatically once you select the number you need.
- Tagging feature – it adds tags, corners, carpet base, tile base or wood base.
- You can print reports as many times as you’d like.
- You can create your own keyboard shortcuts for most of the toolbar options.
- It creates a seam layout using an algorithm that minimizes waste.
- It offers a custom tile creator.
FloorRight is most suitable for floor managers, contractors and estimators.
FloorRight is a flooring estimation software that quickly and accurately quantifies all the materials you’ll need when bidding on a project.
FloorRight has two options with distinctive features. The professional option costs $75 per month while the commercial costs $150 per month.
PreBuilt ML is software that helps you estimate flooring takeoff for both commercial and residential structures. It has two versions – PreBuilt ML PROtrade and PreBuilt ML X. Choose the PROtrade option to get specialized services for flooring.
- It is faster, more efficient, and easy to use.
- It reduces wasted or missed materials with an automated Quick Check to double-check your material list.
- Excellent customer support
- You can export your material lists to excel, PDF, CSV, and other popular points of sale systems.
- Intuitive controls – measuring linear footage, square footage, hardware counts, etc., requires you to point and click.
- You can create custom layouts and databases.
- It offers several training videos and tutorials to help you familiarize yourself with the system.
PreBuilt ML is best for general contractors, lumber dealers and home builders.
PreBuilt ML helps you to automate the flooring takeoff process, minimize material waste, streamline job efficiency, and minimize billable hours.
PreBuilt ML PROtrade costs $30 per month which is billed annually.
RapidBid is an estimation software built for both commercial and residential construction.
- Saves contractors up to four hours on each quote they prepare
- Instantly measures and calculates carpet and tile areas and other flooring tenders
- Saves you so much time and comes at a very affordable rate
RapidBid is best for contractors.
RapidBid is a flooring estimating software that costs you less than your daily cup of coffee.
The contractor package costs $55 per month and the professional package goes for $80 per month. All packages come with a 30-day moneyback guarantee.
Manual flooring estimating is a time-consuming process and is prone to errors. It is better for contractors and all stakeholders in the construction industry to use flooring estimating software.
Flooring estimating software will save you time and help you track the complete process to save on materials and labor. You can place more bids and win more jobs since customers will trust and embrace the process.
If you want content like this delivered right to your inbox, sign up for our newsletter here.