Accurately trying to identify all the costs for HVAC work can be difficult and time-consuming. To make your job a little easier, we have scoured the internet for ways to make HVAC estimating less of a hassle.
HVAC software will help you to estimate all your costs accurately and efficiently so that you can pass on a professional quote to your potential customers.
To be considered the best software, they had to meet the following criteria:
- Industry-leading in accurate costs estimation for HVAC work
- Able to calculate lengths, volumes, and areas to provide a bill of materials
- Able to generate accurate material lists for HVAC assembly
Here are some of the best HVAC estimate software you should know about.
FastDuct is a well-known ready-to-go HVAC software that provides fast and accurate price quotes for the estimation of material costs.
- Able to support different types of digital plan formats
- Able to provide specifications specifically tailored for every HVAC
- Allows takeoffs to be performed directly on an on-screen digitizer
- Allows labor rates to be based on industry standards which can be adjusted
- Allows labor rates and material reports to be filtered and sorted depending on preference
- Allows material pricing to be job-specific dependent on supplier quotes
FastDUCT is used mainly by commercial and industrial sheet metal contractors.
FastDUCT is a highly recommended software that is easy to learn and use. The on-screen takeoff is excellent as well as the ability to suit your style of working. The customer service is great with people always ready to answer queries.
FastDUCT pricing starts at a flat rate of $4,995.00. It is a one-time payment, and it does not offer a free trial.
This software is an all-in-one construction management software for your phone, tablet, and computer.
- Can receive online payments
- Can accurately generate estimates
- Includes free training and support Projects are unlimited
- Provides real-time collaboration
- Allows easy project tracking
- Allows project-based commissions
- Offers complete project records
- Features weather tracking
- Features inspection tracking
- Provides service reminders
- Provides easy file sharing
Contractor Foreman is suitable for subcontractors, field service contractors, remodelers and GC/ builders.
Contractor Foreman provides excellent features for construction project management. Support responses are quick and you truly get your money’s worth.
It is a great tool for project cost tracking especially if you work with a large team. It gears you up for any construction service giving you all your needs and other features you didn’t know you needed.
FastDUCT offers 4 plans. The first plan, which is the most, affordable starts at $49 per month. The second plan starts at $87 per month. The third plan then starts at $123 per month. Lastly, the unlimited plan starts at $148 per month. This plan allows unlimited users which is best if you have a large-scale team. They also offer a 30-day free trial.
ProCore is a construction management use software that takes control of construction outcomes by minimizing risks and protecting profits.
- Proactively plans projects
- Creates accurate estimation for project success
- Streamlines the tendering process from prequalification through conversions of tenders to subcontracts
- Enables you to build a budget of full visibility into every dollar on your project
- Enables you to simplify the takeoff process
- Allows review and collaboration on construction documents from one integrated platform
- Enables you to optimize your manpower resources with scheduling across jobs
- It takes control of labor costs by giving you real-time visibility into the financial impact of labor costs
- Enables you to access integrated and on-demand reporting across your project or portfolios
- Allows sharing of visual reports
ProCore is suitable for owners, main contractors and subcontractors
ProCore is a great full-on management software that is good for HVAC estimation. It provides thorough ways to best oversee the operation of a construction team with many members.
It is a great investment as you will surely appreciate the straightforward yet very helpful features.
ProCore offers 3 different plans. The first plan starts at $667 per month, billed annually. The second is priced at $870 a month, also billed annually and the last one is priced at $1182 a month.
Jobber is a field service scheduling software that also has HVAC estimating features. It is the number one service scheduling software.
- Enables you to send professional quotes
- Customers can select the add-ons or premium services that best fit their needs
- Allows consumer financing
- Allows automated follow-ups
- Enables online quote approvals
- Enables viewing of estimated margin on quotes
- Helps you find clients, jobs and invoices
- Attach photos and files to a client’s account and collect signatures within the Jobber app.
Jobber is suitable for small businesses of 1-50 employees, landscapers, electricians, HVAC repair and installers and the like.
Jobber is a comprehensive solution for a reasonable price. It provides an accessible user experience and is well-established among many field service management software programs.
It’s good for invoice disorganization as it features a search for invoices so that you can check whether they’ve been paid or are near their due date. Invoicing can also be done and is easy on the mobile app.
With having 3 plans, you can choose depending on what you need and what you can afford. The first plan, called Core, is priced at $39 a month.
The second, called Connect, is priced at $119 a month. Lastly, Grow is priced at $239 a month which is very affordable considering all the features you can benefit from.
PlanSwift is an easy-to-use takeoff software made specifically for construction estimating.
- Enables quick trace linear takeoff for A/C supply lines
- Enables instant derive volume of rooms for heating and cooling
- Allows you to generate accurate material lists for HVAC assembly and instantly calculate cost
- Offers faster takeoff estimates that are mistake-free
- Takeoff in a fraction of the time with PlanSwift software click, drop and estimate functionality
- Enables you to manage projects large and small with accurate, timely calculations.
- Offers easy to adjust cost projections
- Enables you to bid on more jobs, manage jobs more efficiently and grow your business
PlanSwift is used by house builders, groundwork contractors, design and build contractors, roofing contractors and more.
PlanSwift is simple to use and ideal for quantity estimation and takeoffs. It is accurate, fast, and reliable. Its features save a great number of hours which provides more productivity.
PlanSwift offers only 2 plans. PlanSwift Professional and PlanSwift 1-on-1 Custom Training good for 3 hrs. The Professional plan has support and updates to the software for the first year.
After the first year of free updates, updates and the support program are optional and cost US$300.00 a year.
Esticom is a cloud-based estimating and construction takeoff software that helps contractors deal with construction projects.
- Increase takeoff speed by 5x
- Count items across multiple pages
- Filter results to ensure accuracy
- Update project with new versions
- Organize plan sheets into folders
- Automatically rename plan sheets
- Measure conduit and wire runs
- Add fittings automatically
- Designate drop distances
- Place design build symbols
- Cloud and annotate plans
- Export to PDF with legend
Esticom is mostly used by small businesses of 1-50 employees and those in the construction industry.
Esticom is a great software to save a lot of time in doing estimations and tracking projects on whatever device you use. It is flexible enough for various assemblies, parts, rates, and reports.
It is safe to say that it is one of the easiest and most flexible low voltage software products. Takeoff time because of Esticom has been improved by 87%.
Esticom offers a free 14-day trial, then charges $139 per month, if you wish to continue.
- Dispatching services are available
- Allows customers instant approval of projects
- Enables phone numbers for tracking ROI in real-time
- Provides accurate bidding that customers can feel confident in
- Allows delivery of time-sensitive quotes that provide protection to margins
- Detailed proposals are created
ServiceTitan is suitable for commercial and residential HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and other field service businesses
ServiceTitan is a good software for a better and more effective workflow. It is reliable and provides its users with important tools needed to estimate costs, sell and install/repair for residential customers. It is very user-friendly and includes unique features.
ServiceTitan is priced at $389 per month. This price is increased depending on the needs of individual contractors. They only require an annual purchase but do not charge additional fees.
Simple HVAC is a powerful HVAC estimating software. It is designed for commercial sheet metal contractors that need accurate estimating tools.
- Features unlimited projects and easily backs up all project files
- Provides powerful calculations
- Provides professional quotes
- Offers a unique BID sheet
- Provides lifetime updates at no cost
Simple HVAC is made specifically for commercial HVAC contractors.
Simple HVAC is one of the most accurate estimating software options and the great thing about it is that it is made for HVAC contractors. This means that they offer the most important benefits that HVAC contractors need.
Simple HVAC costs $347 and this is a one-time payment. There are no monthly subscriptions, and it offers unlimited estimates.
HVAC estimating can really be time-consuming, and a lot of effort is exerted in this task. Many contractors may have a difficult time in this aspect.
With HVAC estimating software, your construction project estimates will be much less time consuming and more accurate. Productivity for you and your workers will be boosted. If you want to learn more, more information is available with us, sign up for our newsletter.